Monday, March 14, 2011

Progress Is Slow

Things seem to be crawling along right now. There is no sign of a septic system yet, and we can't get our final survey until it is in. Still have some sharp edges on my kitchen counter tiles, although all my duct tape arrows are gone. I think they got some of them but not all - seems like all that smoothing should have been done before they were installed and that a lot of time has been spent trying to fix it after the fact...and it's still not right! Electrical is all hooked up but the meter is not in the meter box. The builder told me it was okay for the electric company to disconnect the temp pole to get the permanent connection made, but when the electric company was out to do that last week the people working told them not to disconnect. I contacted the electric company today and hope that they can get out to take care of this tomorrow! Tomorrow I'll check with the builder to see about some of the other things.

Even though progress seems to be at a snail's pace right now, some forward movement is apparent.

The porch railing is going in, and the ramp is being readied for rails as well.

The glass for the master shower has been installed...

...and the fixtures have been modified. I still don't think it is exactly what I picked, but I guess it will do.

The windows have even been washed!

I am really ready to get this place finished!

1 comment:

  1. The last part is probably the mosy difficult to wait for.... knowing you are about there.

    ReplyDelete