Saturday, September 18, 2010

Whew!

Holy Cow! I had NO idea how many choices there were to be made! I was dreaming when I thought I could be in and out quickly. Terry was a trooper and stuck it out to the bitter end. He threw in his two cents, and we managed to find things that we could both live with.


We started with appliances. I had looked at the choices before but wanted to make a couple of changes -  went with a slight upgrade for stove and dishwasher - 5 burner gas stove and extra quiet dishwasher. (Our Hurricane Katrina rescue dog, a miniature pinscher named Polly, has a problem with a noisy dishwasher! She stands in the kitchen and barks and tries to bite it, so when our old dishwasher needed to be replaced we chose the quietest one we could find. The barking and biting magically disappeared!)


Next came exterior colors - roof/shingle, house, trim, door. A medium tan with a hint of green, creamy trim, and a nice contrasting darker green exterior door.

Ceramic tile for the kitchen, dining, and living room floors is shown here.

I really like the kitchen cabinet color, wood, and style. They will be knotty alder in a simple style and a medium color. It was something that I picked out the first time I visited the builder's office. The granite tile for the kitchen counter is also pretty cool. Hopefully it will all blend the way I think it should!

The hardest choices were the tile options for the bathroom. Grout was fun, just as I had anticipated! ;-)

I never would have imagined, but we were there three hours, and it would have been longer if we had not had to leave to meet demo man. Results of the meeting with demo man: Dates for demo are still up in the air. Demo man has some other stuff going on, and we have to do some things to get ready, so a date will be set later. We were able agree upon the scope of the work, so that is a good thing.

More about the bathroom and bedroom colors later. I'm exhausted, but much was accomplished today! I will sleep well tonight!

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you made great choices. I love your tile!

    ReplyDelete