Friday, September 17, 2010

Big Day! Color Day!

Tomorrow is color day! We get to pick tile, paint, and carpet colors! I am a bit nervous about the whole thing. I have this fear that when it is all installed and I walk in, I will hate it and nothing will look right with anything else. No pressure, no pressure.

The most exciting choice for me is going to be grout...I have been been waiting weeks for grout day, and now it is almost here! I'm sure I will have trouble sleeping tonight and will dream about the little grout samples in their cute little holder.


...and if color selections were not enough for one day...


We are meeting the demo man to discuss what he will do, what we need to do, etc. We still have some things to remove before it all comes crashing down, but there is not too much to be salvaged - a few pieces of furniture and the stove, which is in perfectly good condition. We need to sell it, I guess. I would also like to remove the knotty pine paneling, although some (unnamed) people have not shared my enthusiasm for the task. It is beautiful old paneling - a little dark, but I would strip and refinish it in a lighter shade.  I have a couple of ideas about what to do with it as well. We'll see if it happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment