Sunday, October 31, 2010

A Beautiful Day!

It was a beautiful day in the neighborhood...the lake neighborhood, that is! However, the work we had to do seemed extra hard, and we struggled to get it done.


We got more brush cut back so that the builders will have room to maneuver around the perimeter of the house. There is still a bit more to do, and the more we cut, the more it seemed to multiply!


The soil test was done this last week, and we should have the results this next week. I am not sure what they do with the information, but I guess we'll find out. We could tell that someone had been there. There were some markings spray painted on the ground near the electrical pole with a couple of new flags that had not been there before. We could also tell that someone had driven down through the sand - there were some fairly deep ruts, so I'm guessing they may have gotten stuck. I don't know if it was the soil testing people, someone from the building company, or a neighbor. I don't think we really want vehicles driving down through the footprint of the house, but if it is someone representing the builder, I guess any issues will be their problem!


Despite our lack of energy and stamina for the work to be done, the day was beautiful, and the sun reflected off the lake making it just sparkle. 
We also had a couple of visitors - doe and a buck - who were happy to eat some lettuce that we brought for them. The doe would have eaten from my hand, but I kept trying to take a picture while feeding her, and she didn't like the beeping of the camera!


No comments:

Post a Comment