Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Pre-Stake and Survey

I met a representative of the builder at our lake property today so he could do a "pre-stake." That basically meant that he was going to try to find out where we wanted the house located on our lot. As luck would have it, the surveyors that I had called also came out at the same time. It helped the guy doing the pre-stake because he was getting the benefit of the survey findings. He actually helped them find the corners, but I doubt that he will get any credit for that!

I was very surprised to see what a big footprint the house will have on the lot! It is quite a bit wider than the current structure, so it seems like a tight squeeze. The other realization was that putting this house on a slab is not going to feasible because of the slope of the ground. I don't want pilings that put us up in the middle of the trees, but it will be hard to avoid.

On a positive side, the deer were out; birds were singing, there was a breeze through the pines, and it was quiet. I just have to keep that in mind as we go through all of this preliminary stuff!

2 comments:

  1. Oh Lydia, it sounds wonderful! I'm hoping for the day we can stay at the place in Ruidoso for more than a weekend!

    PS I looked at yours. You can look at mine! It's NOT all about knitting! ha ha
    http://knitrageous1.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I need some pictures for this story. Can you post (I don't even know if it's possible) a before pic? I'd like to see it before the bulldozer comes.

    ReplyDelete