Wednesday, May 18, 2011

New Resident

We have a new resident at the cabin. She/he showed up when I was working on the flagstone walkway on Sunday and has been here every evening since. The draw seems to be a nice roosting spot on the porch, but I also think she/he enjoys the fact that there is a human nearby.

Pidgy shows up every evening about 6:00 and just hangs out on the porch. I put a big bowl of water out and he just dunks his whole head under! As dusk begins to fall, Pidgy heads up to a ledge near the ceiling. I put a small board up in one corner tonight and he headed straight to it!

Both his legs are banded - I don't know exactly what that means, but he seems fairly comfortable around me. I suppose he could be a dropout from Homing Pigeon School...

He is a rather messy houseguest, but I'm afraid his stay won't last too long Once we get a new fence constructed and the dogs come back up, they will not be very tolerant of Pidgy's intrusion on their territory!

No comments:

Post a Comment